READ the Reports The Virginia Coalition voices concern about the health implications of uranium mining.
In the recent VA legislative session, a move to lift the ban was never undertaken. In addition, a bill to circumvent the ban and begin developing regulations to govern the mining and milling was withdrawn due to lack of support votes.
Join us as we toil to undertake activities that promote the development, use, preservation, and enhancement of the Roanoke River Basin.
RRBA Continues to Grow!
We are delighted to announce the addition of the Upper Reach as RRBA's newest program. The Upper Reach promotes adventure education and eco-tourism which furthers RRBA's mission of stewardship of the Roanoke River Basin.
November 17, 2011
ROANOKE RIVER NAMED TO MOST ENDANGERED RIVER IN THE NATION LIST. Click here to download the news release.
View the YouTube video Uranium Mining in Virginia: A Risky Experiment.
- Uranium Mining and Milling A Virginia Beach study shows that uranium mining has the potential to put the environment — and thousands of residents who rely on Kerr Lake for water — at risk. The purpose of this project is to . . . More »
- Interbasin Transfer (IBT) An interbasin transfer is a transfer of water from one river basin to another. The purpose of this project is to . . . More »
- John H Kerr Dam & Reservoir VA & NC (Section 216) Study The purpose of this project is to . . . More »
Join the RRBA Team Today!
By joining RRBA, you will help:
- Protect, enhance and better manage the waters of the Roanoke Basin
- Promote in-basin use of water resources
- Fight against interbasin transfer of water from the Roanoke Basin
- Promote cooperation and coordination among the Basin's stakeholders
- Support other worthy programs in the Roanoke River Basin.
Paying members will also receive RRBA's quarterly newsletter, Basin Bulletin, as well as notices of important events. Members are also entitled to vote for, and to hold office as a member of, the Board of Directors of RRBA.
Membership in RRBA is on an calendar year basis, January to December. Dues will be credited for the year received, unless other wise noted.
Membership in RRBA is open to any person or family or organization who pays annual dues as follows:
- Individual Membership (annual): $25 (for individuals and their families)
- Organizational Membership (annual): $100 (for companies, homeowners associations, clubs, etc.)
(Note: Municipal memberships are based on the population of the local government's jurisdiction)
As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, RRBA gratefully accepts donations above the standard membership fees set forth above.
Membership fees and donations should be directed to:
Roanoke River Basin Association
c/o Anne Zeneski, Treasurer
P.O. Box 61026
Raleigh, NC 27661
Registered members have access to additional features of the website.
What is this "are you human" question all about.
Unfortunately, in addition to being a valuable information resource and application delivery vehicle, the world-wide-web also has a dark-side. The web contains Robots, Spiders, Worms, WebCrawlers and WebAnts, just to mention a few of the tools used by spammers, hackers, and other evil doers.
This simple "are you human" test is used to guard against, or at least hinder these malicious web nuisances. While a computer can easily compute the answer to this simple math problem, presented the way it was given to you makes it difficult for a computer to interpret.
The correct answer is 9. You can see it plain as day, but not so easy for your computer.
Enter your Userid and Password
Update your profile then enter your current password and click submit to complete the change.
RRBA Annual Membership Pledge Form
Complete and submit this form. Then, either click the "Donate" button to pay by credit card or paypal, or mail a check to fulfill your pledge. The RRBA secretary will reconcile the pledge form and your payment and send you an email confirmation when the transaction is complete.
If you prefer to download a membership form for printing, click here